"Free" modular courses for eligible UniSIM graduates under theScheme
Eligible UniSIM graduates can enjoy a maximum of two (2) "free" modular courses (up to 10 Credit Units) at UniSIM taken within two years after graduation. This scheme encourages our new graduates to continue on the learning path they have taken in a mode that they are familiar with. The scheme will be in place from the second semester of 2016 and will apply to graduates who complete their degree programmes after July 2014. The terms of the scheme are as follows:
1. Who is eligible and what is the eligibility period?
- All graduates who complete their undergraduate degree programmes after July 2014.
- For those who completed their undergraduate degree programme in the July Semester of 2014 to the July Semester of 2015, the following four consecutive semesters will count as eligibility periods:
- July Semester, 2016
- January Semester, 2017
- July Semester, 2017
- January Semester, 2018
2. How many "free" modular courses may each eligible graduate apply for?
- The scheme will apply to a maximum of two courses (up to 10 Credit Units) per graduate. A graduate (the 'learner') must take the courses within four consecutive semesters following the semester when the student graduates.
3. What other cost is involved?
- Applicants for the eligible courses will need to pay a non-refundable *application fee at the prevailing rate of $64.20
(*UniSIM reserves the right to adjust the application fee without prior notice)
4. What courses qualify as "eligible courses"?
- Any government-subsidised **SkillsFuture modular course conducted by UniSIM to which the learner is admitted.
(**The list of subsidised SkillsFuture modular courses is subject to MOE’s prevailing funding guidelines.)
- Please click here for the list of "eligible courses".
5. How many seats are available for each course under this scheme?
- A limited number of seats will be made available for each course in a semester. Seats will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
6. What will be awarded on successful completion of a course?
- Upon the successful completion of the course, a course certificate will be issued, together with the relevant credit units for that course. Credit units may be used to gain credit recognition for a full undergraduate degree programme at UniSIM. (Terms and Conditions apply)
- Where a course is completed without fulfilling the assessment requirements, a certificate of participation will be issued.
7. If an alumnus takes more than 2 courses, what tuition fees will apply?
- Beyond the 2 "free" courses, the normal prevailing alumni concession applies. Please click here for alumni concession details.
8. What are the conditions for taking the courses?
- The learner must be at least 21 years of age and have 2 years of full-time work experience, or have fully discharged full-time National Service (NS), or are currently employed on a full-time basis.
- The learner must be enrolled as a credit student.
- Learners repeating the undergraduate degree-level skills-based modular course will not be eligible for MOE subsidy. This includes those who have previously received subsidies for the module as part of their full-time or part-time undergraduate degree programmes.
- The learner will adhere to the rules and regulations of study at the University. Pertinent information about the learner will be used by UniSIM to claim any available subsidy from the Ministry of Education or any approved funding authority.
9. How do applicants apply for the "eligible courses"?
- Applicants can click here to register and apply for the courses online.
- Applicants are required to tick against the "Student is SIM Alumni" status box and key in "Claim for ACE+ Scheme" under "Remarks" Column during registration.
- Within one week after registration, applicants are to produce the original and a photocopy of the following documents for verification at SIM University, 461 Clementi Road, Student Recruitment Department, Blk C Level 1.
Operating Hours: 8:30am to 7:30pm (Mon-Fri), 9:00am to 1:00pm (Sat)
- 1 recent colour passport-sized photograph
- 1 copy of letter of employment signed by your HR/immediate supervisor, or 1 copy of your latest computerised payslip, or 24 months CPF statement, or certification completion of NS
Course Application Periods
January Semester Courses: From mid Oct to end November
July Semester Courses: From mid April to end May
ACE+ scheme applicants are not required to submit their educational qualifications (specified in the auto-generated acknowledgement reply).
For more information on CET registration and related matters, please email us at email@example.com