The Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Basic Extension Course prepares License Aircraft Engineer (LAE) for grant of CAAS 2nd Category B Licence. It comprises theoretical and workshop practical sessions and operational aircraft maintenance environment practical training, examinations and assessment in compliance with the following CAAS requirement:
- SAR 147 Section 1 – Requirements, Sub-part C. SAR-147.200
- SAR 147 Section 2 – Acceptable Means of Compliance. AMC 147.200(h)
^ Funding at 70% of course fee is available for Singapore citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents. Terms and conditions apply.
# Singapore University of Social Sciences reserves the right to amend and/or revise the above schedule without prior notice.
||1830 – 2215 hours
||0900 – 1730 hours (Theory)|
||1830 – 2215 hours
||0800 – 1730 hours (OEPT)|
0900 – 1730 hours (Workshop)
- For B1.1 course - CAAS SAR-66 B2 Aircraft Maintenance Engineer licence holder
- For B2 course - CAAS SAR-66 B1.1 Aircraft Maintenance Engineer licence holder
- Singapore citizen, permanent resident or a resident in Singapore;
- At least 18 years of age; and
- Have 2 years of full-time work experience, or have fully discharged full-time NS liability, or are currently employed on a full-time basis and GCE 'A' level with two passes (prior to 2006); or two H2 passes (from 2006); or local polytechnic diploma; or International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma; SAT1 scores
- If not, at least 5 GCE 'O' Levels & interview
- Clearance of security check
- Singapore citizen or permanent resident;
- At least 75% of the attendance for the course;
- Successful completion of theory, practical and Operational Environment Practical Training (OEPT) and not receiving any other funding from government sources
Funding reimbursement will be processed after the completion of the course.
Register by 23 July 2017.
All applications must be made via online registration. Click here to register.
Within one week after submission of course application, please produce the original and a photocopy of the following documents for verification at Singapore University of Social Sciences, 463 Clementi Road, Student Recruitment Department, Blk C Level 1. Operating Hours: 8:30am to 7:30pm (Mon-Fri), 9:00am to 1:00pm (Sat):
- Education Certificates & Transcripts,
- 1 recent colour passport-sized photograph,
- 1 copy of letter of employment signed by your HR/immediate supervisor, or 1 copy of your latest computerised payslip (3 months), or 24 months CPF contribution statement, or certification completion of NS.
Applications without ALL of the above required supporting documents will be considered incomplete and rejected. Singapore University of Social Sciences reserves the right to change course schedules, course trainer, course fees and course availability without prior notice.