Applicants should be Singapore citizens, permanent residents or residents in Singapore.In addition, you will need to meet these minimum requirements:
- A relevant bachelor's degree or its equivalent
Candidates with other qualifications and deemed to be suitably prepared for theprogramme of study may also be considered
- At least 21 years of age
Applicants must complete and submit an online application to SIM University by the specified deadline.
Shortlisted candidates may be required to undergo one or more interviews and/or take such written admission or other evaluation tests as may be prescribed by SIM University.
The offer of admission is dependent on the number of places available in individual programmes.
The decision of the Admissions Committee of SIM University is final and binding. SIM University reserves the right to refuse admission and is not obliged to offer an explanation for the non-admission of unsuccessful candidates.
The underlying theme of the MHCM programme is about proper alignment: the need to align human capital with business strategy. The curriculum therefore begins with a foundation course and moves on immediately to the strategy alignment module. This is followed by a context-specific course on managing human capital in Asia. To be an effective business partner, human resource professionals must be able to lead and manage change (module 4). They must also be confident in designing and building high commitment, high performance organisations (module 5). The sixth and last compulsory module examines human capital measurements and how they relate to the business needs of contemporary organisations.
The six HCM-focused electives (students will choose four) provide opportunities for students to explore other key areas of human capital management. In addition, students will conduct an applied research / consultancy project leading to a 10,000 words dissertation. This component can be substituted with 2 additional elective courses. The Master of Human Capital Management will take about 84 weeks to complete.
Courses may also be taken individually as a post graduate certification course
To cater to busy professionals, classes are mostly conducted on weekends to minimise disruption to work schedules (with the exception for the Urban Transport Management and Chinese Language and Literature programme). Weekend classes are held at SIM University, Clementi Road. Each course is completed over 7 weekends. Each weekend course comprises a half-day session on Saturday and a full-day session on Sunday on the 1st and 3rd weeks. 2nd, 4th, 5th, 7th weeks are study break. 6th week is the exam week.
The Master Degree is targeted at professionals who have degrees in Human Resource Management, Business Adminstration, Business, Commerce and even other disciplines such as Sociology, Psychology, Social Work, and Counseling. It is also open to graduates from any disciplines, providing an avenue for those who wish to make a mid-career switch to the field of human capital management.
Graduates from the Human Capital Management Programme will have acquired the advanced knowledge and skills to function effectively as leaders and advisors in human capital management. They will have the competence in people management to take on challenging roles/positions in business and government organisations. These also include broad-based competencies such as critical thinking, business partnership, policy analysis, as well as programme evaluation.
SIM University offers the following course fee concessions:
- applicants who are 60 years old and above will enjoy 20% course fee concession.
- applicants who are graduates (at Master's or Bachelor's level) of the Singapore Institute of Management and SIM University will enjoy 20% course fee concession.
Students will enjoy only one of the two categories of concession. The above concessions are applicable to all programmes offered by SIM University unless specified otherwise. They are not applicable to students under the UniSIM scholarship and sponsorship schemes, as well ascourses offered with external institutions/organisations. Eligible students will enjoy the course fee concession in addition to any government subsidy that they are eligible for. However, the concessions are not to be used concurrently with any other concessions.
Concession for First Two Courses
To encourage further education and upgrading by alumni, UniSIM Alumni (graduates of Bachelor or Master degrees awarded by UniSIM) will also enjoy an additional 30% course fee concession for the first two courses when they enrol for a Master degree programme. The enhanced course fee concession scheme will take effect from the January 2012 semester. The enhance course fee concession scheme is subjected to the following:
- Alumni must not be receiving any company sponsorships or scholarships.
- There will be no cap on the number of Master programmes. However, alumni must fulfill all requirements for the conferment of the current Master programme before being eligible for the enhanced course fee concession for the next Master programme.
- Alumni enrolled into the Professional Conversion Programme (PCP) e.g. the Master in Social Work Programme, and who received funding will be eligible for the enhanced concession should they proceed to the Master programme upon completion of the Postgraduate Diploma.
- Alumni taking vendor and partner programmes will not be eligible for the enhanced course fee conession.
- Alumni who transfer to another Master programme (TOP) mid way will not enjoy the enhanced course fee concession of 50% again for the Master programme which they are transferring to.